Uganda Telecom is looking for young professionals for their annual management trainee programme.
Uganda Telecom is Uganda’s first Telecommunication operator. UTL was the first company to own a Full Telecommunications Operator license, having evolved from the earlier East African Post & Telecom Corporation in the 1970’s, and the Uganda Post and Telecom Corporation in the 1980’s and 1990’s. Today, the telecom boasts as a leading telecommunications innovator with its missions to deliver the most innovative communication solutions in Uganda. UTL provides voice and data communication solutions that include fixed telephony, mobile telephony, ISP and Data services.
The Uganda Telecom Management Trainee Programme
Uganda Telecom is interested in young professionals for their annual management trainee programme with breakthrough thinking, bold experimentation and the courage to challenge convention aspects of the UTL culture that have made our business into one of the most innovative of its kind in the region.
The telecom recognizes that the way it selects, develops, organizes, rewards and manages its people is a decisive factor in achieving success and competitive advantage. They are therefore inviting qualified and skilled young professionals into their Technical, Finance, Audit and Commercial Functions.
To be eligible for the Management Trainee Programme must have;
- 1st Class or 2nd upper Bachelors Degree in either Electrical or Telecommunication Engineering, BCOM, BBA Finance or Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Procurement & Logistics, Statistics, Law, Psychology or other from a recognized University
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Basic understanding of the Telecom Environment
- All applicants MUST be graduates with or without prior work experience
- The successful candidates must be dynamic, self-driven and able to work under pressure, well-organized individual with a results-focused, can-do attitude, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and ability to demonstrate quick-thinking
- Team player/Leader
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently and highly flexible
- Below 26 years
How to Apply
All interested applicants for the Uganda Telecom Management Trainee Programme should deliver their detailed CV with 3 referees and copies of their academic certificates/testimonials to;
The Head Human Resources and Administration, Uganda Telecom Limited, Telephone House, Human Resources & Administration – 3rd Floor, P.O Box 7171, Kampala.
Deadline: 15th February 2020
Only short-listed candidates shall be invited to participate in the interview process. Should you be successful in all the assessment stages, you will stand a chance to be offered a career with UTL. Successful candidates should expect to start work on 17th February 2020.
Article written by Mukalanzi